So this post combines two new things! First, my CineMoco motorized camera track came in. I’ll post some more on that later but I did use it to record our Midas XL8 install!
We have services in the main sanctuary on Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays with rehearsals on Thursday nights. This busy schedule meant that we had to get as much as possible done ahead of time before actually making the switch. We did all of our patching, labeling, and wiring then recorded some services into the recorder to test and get familiar with the console.
We moved rehearsals from Thursday to Saturday to give us the most amount of time to make our swap. All in all things went very well. Between yesterday and today we totally dismantled the sound booth and put it back together again with the new console. Most of the heavy lifting was done yesterday with today being line checks and starting to dial in tones. So far all is well! Tomorrow will be our first real rehearsal with this weekend being our first services with the XL8, exciting stuff!
I used the CineMoco and my Canon 7D to create a time lapse of the install from yesterday. I didn’t record today because it would have just been us sitting at the console most of the time, ha ha. Enjoy!